Friday, March 1, 2019

Traffic lights

I got lots of excuses to not go down to the intersection with the lights.
It would double the length of my commute. I would have to cross two different directions at the light. East across Tower St then south across bridge st.  There is no crossing on the south side of the lights. That is a major intersection where the cars turning going both north and south have the right of way. The lights don't change frequently because they are setup to keep things moving on the highway.  The friggin buttons to get the pedestrian lights to change only work half the time.  In short, we live in a very car centric world.
Why do I have to push a button to get the lights to change anyway? Can you imagine if all the drivers had to stop and push a button to indicate their intention to cross the intersection?  Why do the walk lights only stay green a fraction of the time the main light stays green.
I feel better Now.  Thanks for asking Elly.

"There are no traffic jams on the extra mile"
Zig Zigler

Love Holij

1 comment: