I intend to use this as a way to express myself and would appreciate as much reader participation as possible. I have considered doing this for some time now and I am inspired by a number of my siblings who have led the way. I came up with the title based on the state of mind I strive to maintain. To begin with, I will try to post at least 3 or 4 times a week, but who knows where I might end up?
I don't plan on any one specific subject, but my overall goal is to make this as positive as I can, while at the same time, challenging myself and anyone else who is interested. I will do my best to be honest without intentionally causing anyone pain. I suspect there will be the some times when my thoughts or ideas may be questioned, and I welcome that, as I am not dead yet, so I still have lots to learn. I will try to avoid political discussions as I think they often lead to hyperbole and fruitless argument, although, if prompted, I will share my views on ANY subject. This applies even to subjects I know nothing about because I have found that sometimes that is a good way to learn!
My family and I have experienced significant loss over the last couple months of 2018 and one result or reaction for me is to resolve to make every moment count with those I love. I have been waffling back and forth about doing this and I think the final commitment to write this blog is an example of that resolution. I have been very fortunate to have great relationships with my siblings and have learned life lessons from every one of them. I continue to rely on them for support and encouragement and offer the same any time.
As was the custom of my Brother Peter on his blog, I will end each with a quote. For today, I give you this poem by Woody Guthrie.
My peace my peace is all I’ve got that I can give to you
My peace is all I ever had that’s all I ever knew
I give my peace to green and black and red and white and blue
My peace my peace is all I’ve got that I can give to you
My peace, my peace is all I’ve got and all I've ever known
My peace is worth a thousand times more than anything I own
I pass my peace around and about ‘cross hands of every hue;
I guess my peace is justa ‘bout all I’ve got to give to you
Love Happy Old Lucky Iron John
I look forward to sharing your peace and hope you will challenge me along the way. Love Sappy Sister Bettes
ReplyDeleteI'm here
ReplyDeleteI’m here too
ReplyDeleteI'm reading these first entries in apparent random order, but please know that i will continue to be here too.
ReplyDelete